On Saturday, while I spent the day painting the bookshelves, trim and doors in the basement, Braden went fishing with the kids. It was the perfect time . . . I was able to paint without interruption and Daddy and the kids got to spend the day together - just hanging. I thought I'd get Brade to tell about it in his words as I really wasn't there . . .
"It was a beautiful day, turned out to be 25 degrees, the kids were ready to go, and there was no one at our special spot; all that in one day - it was my day to catch a fish. When we got there, it was like the day was blessed by none other than God - i knew that was true when we looked into the water and right there were 10 big bass just looking at us. They were huge, over 1-1.5 feet long, I've never seen fish like them in my storied career of fishing. 3 feet under the water they just sat there and looked at us, almost like they were calling us. All day they called us. They just called us. So, turns out God blessed the day, just not me with the fish - but the kids were stellar, lots of fun, we laughed and caught lots of little guys, and the old Bosnian dude who stripped to his spandex boxers beside us to fish was even cool. We gave all our fish to him - lots of fun. You just can't beat hanging out with the kids, other than hanging out with the kids & mom."
Braden came home excited that he FINALLY caught his first fish of the season (and yes, we know that the season is coming to a close)! Actually, he came home saying that he caught FIVE fish and Emma laughed and said it was more like two, and if you look closely you'll see that both these pictures are of the same fish . . . hmmmm . . . so . . . now the question . . . how many fish did Braden really catch - hehehe! We love you Daddy!

0 comments:
Post a Comment