CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 29, 2010

School Halloween

This morning was a busy one as the kids were getting ready for school - because it wasn't just any old school day . . . it was Halloween day!!! I made candymen for them to take to each of their classmates as a treat (I literally made 125 of them because I gave them to each of my students as well . . . I don't want to see any glue gun again!!!) I had found the idea on a blog that I read and thought I'd alter it a bit for the kids who can't do peanuts & chocolate. Everyone loved them!!!


For Halloween this year the kids decided what they wanted to be and then it was up to me to figure out how to do each one. Navia wanted to be a queen, a fairy and a princess . . . we settled for Rose Fairy & she loved having the sparkles and make-up on, of course.


Kaleb wanted to be a prisoner so I found the costume with accessories, redid the ball and chain (it was plastic around his ankle and would have ripped too easily), fixed the hand-cuffs (they were real and I wanted Kaleb to just be able to pull his hands in and out without the keys so I just glue-gunned them open a bit more and it worked perfectly!)

Emma wanted to originally be Peter Pan and I was working on that outfit, had the green material for a tunic and everything and then at the last minute remembered that we had a brown tunic that I had used for Kaleb's Star Wars birthday last year and it would work perfect for Robin Hood . . . so overnite she turned into Robin Hood!!! I found the idea on how to make the hat from another blog , which was actually quite easy to do. I then just needed to make her a quiver for her arrows, cuffs and tomorrow I will get her bow & arrow ready (couldn't have it for school).


Of course these are just the start of the Halloween pictures! Tonight Emma is going to a Halloween party, then tomorrow night Brade & I are going to one (my outfit is soooo fun!) while the kids are having a sleep-over with a babysitter at our house and the next night . . . well . . . it's Halloween and the kids are definitely on count-down!!!

0 comments: