CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween has now come and gone and we have 365 days until we have to do it all over again - yay! The kids had a lot of fun figuring out their costumes and going out trick or treating, but the weather didn't cooperate (first snow was last night) like it has the last couple years and this meant they actually had to layer their costumes.

Robin Hood, Jail Bird, Rose Fairy

A friend of Emma's came over to go out with Brade and the kids as I stayed home to hand out candy and take care of the younger ones as they come home early each year.

Victoria, Emma, Navia & Kaleb

This afternoon we realized that we hadn't carved the pumpkins yet, so Daddy went to work quickly creating what each child requested. What ever happened to the days of two eyes, a nose and a weird mouth??? Hmmmmm . . .


Navia wanted Daddy to make her Snow White, as she had Cinderella last year . . .



Kaleb wanted a Storm Trooper from Star Wars . . .



and Emma created her own version of a vampire with a scar on his eye.


And the kids aren't the only ones that get to play dress up and join in the fun . . . last night Brade's work had it's annual Halloween Party and being that the place is full of "creatives" just any old costume won't work. You will find a rare boughten costume walking around, as most are handmade.

I found a site online with a tutorial for a dress made from newspaper, which I decided to give a try. It was really easy to put together and I loved it! I started as a paper doll, but then Brade decided to be a mailman and I was the newspaper - a couple costume! (we NEVER do couple costumes!!!)

My necklace, hair piece, bracelet and of course dress were all made from the Saturday newspaper.

Friends of ours went Steam Punk - the guys "backpack" had an actual bubbling liquid glass container on it - so cool! These outfits were very detailed and looked great!

Other friends of our went as a Black Widow Spider and her spider web. Another great couple costume idea.

0 comments: