Well, now that I'm going back to SK I can't go empty handed to see my new babies, so I talked to their mommy's and took their "orders". On Friday night I made 2 "wet bags" for Charlene, one 13"x11" and one 9"x8". She's doing cloth diapers for Avery so this will make it so that she can put the dirty ones in this waterproof bag and not worry about it leaking into her diaper bag or purse. One is for the trips to the mall and the other for a bit longer, wknd type trips.
This one kinda shows you the size with the CD container beside it
Coralie order a bunting bag type sleeping thing for Riley as the ones he's using now are getting a bit small and since a scare with a blanket (trip to the hospital, etc) she's not using blankets for him anymore. So, she ordered the type of material and I made one this afternoon while Navia was home sick - yep - it's onto #3 now!
Nope, that's not Riley, that's Navia's doll - the only baby that we have in the house to test this!

Anyways - I think I'm going to be making myself a couple of the wet bags because they would be soooo perfect for swimming lessons - no wet swimming suits in the bags, etc - that would be nice - and they're just so cute!!!
Concerning the patterns, well, there weren't any. I looked online at a few different ideas of each and used my memory and what I thought would work out best and did a bit of trial and error things for each. There really wasn't 1 particular site that I used - sites figuring out how to do separate lining /outer pouches, etc.
My sick little girl (sleeping on the pillow that I made her for V-day that matches her pj's from Christmas that I made her)
Right now Braden and Kaleb are off on a "guy's night", Emma is at a sleep-over, Navia is sick, sleeping on the couch and I'm on another sewing project - yep - I think I really like this sewing thing!!! Tomorrow is Family Day, so hopefully the littlest will be okay so that we can go skating on the Canal and other Winterlude type things - we'll see. Have a great weekend!!!
1 comments:
I never thought about using a wet bag for bathing suits! YOU are a genius!
Post a Comment