CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Part Two

So I guess part two was longer coming than I thought, due to mostly being absolutely exhausted!!! The kids had a great time trick-or-treating and Emma had fun at her Halloween party. It was kinda funny because there were numerous Hannah Montana's and they all wanted Emma to be their friend because that's how they are in the movie - girls!!! (Check out the new youtube.com video - it's Emma loving Freeze Dance)

Lola, Hannah & Hannah

The kids had a late night and brought in way too much candy - and that's not an exaggeration!!! Three pillowcases full!!! It's not going to be fun in the house with the begging for candy and the sugar highs and the mom stealing the kids' candy - LOL!


On Saturday night Brade and I went to our Halloween party. We had Mike and Cynthia's son, Ryan, babysit the kids. We put them to sleep before he came, he plugged in his XBox to the TV and when we got back he was still in the same position - boys! He stayed overnight in Emma's room because the party was still going on at his house and no kids allowed is the rule, so we took him home Sunday morning.

Polar Opposites!

Brade decided to go as a "Joe Dirt" type character and I was Mrs. Peacock from the Clue game. I had peacock feathers in my hair and carried a dagger and the game card that said "Ballroom". The evening was a lot of fun but we didn't stay too late - getting home around 1:30am. Yep, we're getting old!!! I guess the night didn't end 'til around 4am. The costumes there were amazing though . . . there was a Sonic Hedgehog (way too much work for this one!!!) and an apple with a worm (husband got stuck in the hot, padded apple costume while the wife got to have the light worm one - hehehe!), and Cynthia was a swamp creature (it took me 2 hours to do her hair Saturday afternoon and I guess 2 hours for Mike to take it out after - we used egg whites, acrylic paint and pipe cleaners for the top - but she said the pain was worth it - although I don't know if Mike agreed after his arms froze up trying to figure out how I wound the hair - oops!).

The old "Glencoe" Crew
Swamp Creature (Cynthia), Mrs. Peacock (Carrie), "The Birds" victim (Colleen)
(yep, that's a crow on her head!)

Today we did a pot-luck at the church (yep, even made it to church this morning and not too late either!!!) and then took off to an Ottawa 67's game. The Riverside South Community Association organized it with cheap tickets, etc and the kids loved it. They even got to do the high 5's to the players when the game was over. Emma had to sit with her friend Victoria because it was "more fun with her friend that her family", but we won't hold that against her! Every time the 67's scored Kaleb would yet out a girly "ya-hoo" and I have no idea where that comes from, but let's blame it on the in-laws (hehehe!).
The boys just "hanging" at the game

Anyways, it was a good weekend and now I just can't wait until Christmas!!! The trees are at IKEA on November 26th, so I have a little time until the tree gets set up, but that doesn't mean that the music and the other decorations have to wait!!!

1 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

Ooohhh! Can I have the Reese's? :)
Love the wigs.