CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!


Well, I figure that this is going to be a two part post - the first part as the night has begun and the second when the night is over - so here it goes . . . 

Emma and Kaleb got to take their costumes to school today for their Halloween parties in each of their classes - Emma even got to put her makeup on herself at school (if you're a girl you know what that's all about!)  Emma also had a first today - her first Haunted House, as Mrs. Theo's class invited the older classes in to their "haunted" room.  Emma said it was so much fun and scary all at the same time - hands were grabbing her at the end and she said she was laughing and screaming all at the same time! (let's hope this doesn't bring back the nightmares again - I can't handle any more sleepless nights!!!)

Our little princess (she got to keep the costume from the photo shoot - yay!)

Lola Luftanagle (Hannah Montana's best friend)
The twins are going as Miley Cyrus & Hannah Montana, so Emma is going as their best friend - 
they'll look cute all together so I hope Cynthia takes a picture!!!

Kaleb is an "arrrr"-ing Skelton Pirate (got to keep another costume from the photo shoot!!!)
All he will say for pictures is "arrr", no smile whatsoever!

When the kids got home from school they were counting down the minutes until they could go out.  We told Victoria and Katrina that we'd meet them at 6:00pm so time moved very, very slow!!!  We got the kids all dressed up, again - but this time with extra clothes underneath and took off with Daddy for 10 minutes to their friends' houses on our street and then went to meet Burns' while I get to stay at home and hand out candy here - the tradition thing we do.  But, usually it's Daddy freezing his butt off while I'm nice and toasty, but tonight it's actually pretty nice out and the snow has mostly gone so the kids aren't even wearing mitts.  Therefore I'm thinking that I got the short end of the straw tonight.

Kaleb and Navia will come back with Daddy pretty soon, while Emma stays at the girls' house for her first Halloween party - and it's going to be a spooky one - at least all the decorations are incredibly life-like! (please, no nightmares!!!!)

So, I sit and wait as the trick'or'treaters come and soon part two will come.  Tomorrow it's our turn (grown-up Halloween party - but the costumes still aren't done - yikes!!!)

0 comments: