I don't know if you guys know, but I've actually been cooking meals for supper - yep - bet you don't believe it!!! I've been doing crockpot cooking so that I can try out recipes for when I'm teaching and supper needs to be made for the babysitter and Brade. Most are winners now that I've switched to the Company's Coming Crockpot book - the internet ones, well - not so hot! Kaleb has even started getting into it - helping me make meals when he gets home from school just before noon.Today was a Professional Development Day at school, which meant NO SCHOOL for the kids! Yay for them and oh no for me . . . I had planned on going shopping and getting all my "stuff" to do some Christmas projects and forgot about them being at home . . . and then Brade took the van so we were stuck at home . . . and the TV quit working so no TV/Wii/Movie (needs a new bulb -ug). Anyways, it was gorgeous outside so I got all my Fall clean up done and now I'm ready for when it snows - yay for me!
I had found a website, Little Birdie Secrets, where a mom had taken her children's drawing a created them into their very own stuffies and thought that I'd give that a try. I hadn't planned on it, but with nothing special today for the kids I thought this might just work - and it did! The kids had a blast and it kept them busy (and not complaining either!) for about 3.5 hours!!! How's that!!! The kids did all their own sewing of buttons (Navia included) and eyes and a few other parts and did all the stuffing. All I had to do was a few sewing machine lines and ta-da - - - their very own monsters! They are adorable and Emma said that now there aren't monsters under their beds, but rather in their beds and under their covers - hehehe! Anyways - great idea for a rainy day and all it takes is some felt and buttons! The kids went to bed saying that the LOVE PD Days because they always get to do something fun and they are taking these creations to school for show'n'share on Monday! Yep - success!!!
First Time Doing Buttons!
Emma's Monster "Orbit"









1 comments:
These are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing!
Post a Comment