CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

I followed a knitting pattern . . . well . . . kinda . . .


Today on the way back from Edelweiss tubing I finished my very first project that I used a pattern for (well, mostly . . . I made it longer on the wrist and smaller in the palm of the hand and used a smaller needle so that it would fit Navia as the pattern was for an adult) But this is the first time that I have succeeded at ribbing!!! I ribbed the wrist and the finger end and made the palm in stitchenette so that it was smooth. I love it . . . but as you can see, it doesn't have a parter yet . . . hopefully tomorrow though it will be joined by a matching friend!

Navia showing off her hot chocolate mustache and new mitt.

The reason that I made these was due to Navia's red wrists . . . there is always a big space between her jacket sleeve and mitts as she's outside playing (even if it doesn't start like that it ALWAYS ends like that). I figured that if she wore these under her mitts and jacket that hopefully that red spot would disappear . . . so we'll see what happens!!!

0 comments: