CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Skating, Cake & Master Jedi - hmmmm . . .

It was a beautiful day on Sunday and so after we had brunch at Cora's we came home and Brade shovelled off the 20 or so centimeters of snow off of the rink that had fallen a couple days previous and the kids had fun skating and playing hockey with daddy for the entire afternoon!  It was a great day.  Meanwhile, I was inside making 10 tunics for Kaleb's Birthday Party this upcoming wknd, and it was nice to be able to do without disruptions :)

 

After skating the kids decorated a cake for me (I had to cut it and creatively figure out how to make it back into a cake seeing that Navia had eaten the middle of it the other day - my "humph" entry . . . yep, you know the one!  So, it was a small, double layered cake that Emma thought should be shaped like a heart - awww!


Daddy's cake almost burned up because of the candles, but mine, well, I'm not as old!!!


Today I made Kaleb's jedi master robe with hood.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - especially because I didn't have a pattern of any sort to make it.  It turned out really well although I really wish I had a surger!  Instead I made all the seams into French seams so that they were enclosed and you don't see the edges.  Kaleb is wearing one of the tunics underneath to complete the ensemble - hee hee!  Now to make daddy's!!!  Yikes - that one will be a little more challenging and I'm thinking a pattern would be easier for an adult, but oh well, I can do this - at least I think that I can (and I don't have to make his as study as Kaleb's because I know that Daddy won't be playing dress up with it like the little one will be.  Emma's now begging me to make her a robe for the tunic - we'll see...)

Jedi Master Bai-ka Mcott
(At least that's his name according to the name generator)





0 comments: