CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year's Day Find!!!

Last night Braden took the kids over to Mike and Cynthia's for a family New Year's Eve Party, which they LOVED!!!  I, well, I was at home by myself, coughing and coughing.  Not fun!  But, I was able to watch a movie all by myself with no children interrupting me - so that was kinda nice.

They all came home around 10:45pm and we told them that it was only 15 more minutes until the countdown and they were all excited (oh, except Navia, she was fast asleep in bed).  At the hour we went outside with sparklers and did a countdown with just our family.  Then Emma and Kaleb had a sleepover in Kaleb's room as a special thing to do for a special night.  

No, Kaleb's not crying, just making a weird face :)

Today we were to meet a guy about an antique sidetable and ended up at his friend's antique store (yes - it will be one that we return to - amazing finds there!!!)  The sidetable ended up being to yellow in color but I just happened to ask the owner if he might have some antique glass drawer pulls - and he did!!!  This is the last part to Emma's desk that we haven't been able to finish because I'm kinda picky (not wanting Home Depot ones).  The trip wasn't a total bust - not getting the sideboard - because finding these pulls make it definitely worth the trip!





Ta-da!!!  Emma's desk is finished now!  



Aren't they just gorgeous - and he only charged me $5.00/knob - truly a steal!!!  Now Emma can opened her drawers without hurting her fingers :)

0 comments: