CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas from Our House! (warning - picture heavy!

Christmas Eve Eve
We opened up at Christmas Eve Eve gift and the kids had a blast - especially Navia with her "I blocked you, I blocked you, Oh ya, Oh ya, Oh ya" little song and dance she did EVERYTIME she put one in!


Christmas Eve
We had to make sugar cookies to leave out for Santa - the kids had fun deciding exactly which one they would leave - and then Mommy had fun eatting them - shhhhh!!!



Before we left for the Christmas Eve service at the church we had to leave Reindeer treats out for Rudolph and his crew (oatmeal, white sugar and pink sugar).  The kids thought it was great fun and couldn't wait to see if it was gone in the morning and if there were any hoof prints!




Every year we give the kids pj's as a Christmas Eve present.  Well, this year I wanted to make them, not just buy them.  It actually was pretty easy (i used a current pair as a pattern) and for shirts I just bought white t's and appliqued on them - Navia's would have fit a small Emma so I ended up shorting sleeves and the body too, but you'd never know!)  They loved them and they fit (wow to that!!!)
  
Emma is on her tippy-toes - silly girl

He loved the hockey sticks!

Navia actually choose her fabric without knowing that it was for her - hehehe!

I had to do a monogram on hers - and she loved it!

Christmas Day
These are just a few of the fun things that the kids will be playing with in the near future.  They say HUGE THANK-YOU's to everyone that sent them gifts!!! (although the sleds were used on Christmas day when Daddy took them sledding at our hill - which was melted at the bottom so they came home soaked as each time they landed up in a small pool!)

On Christmas Day we woke up at a reasonable time (yay!) and then opened a few presents, had a family breakfast, opened up a few more, video conferenced with the Bailey's in Regina, opened a few more, played, opened a few more and then finally finished the presents around 1pm - whew!  Then we played for a while and because of the gorgeous weather Daddy took the kids out sledding while I prepared dinner.  After dinner and the kids were all in bed Braden and I were able to watch "White Christmas" - as is the tradition in my family!  I loved it and am starting to be able to quote much of the movie - it's a gooder!!!
















As soon as she got her princess dress up box she threw out all the clothes to decide which type of princess she wanted to be - of course it would be a pink one!

okay - maybe not a blonde one!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

0 comments: