CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Navia!!!


We woke up this morning to a little girl, already dressed in a "special" dress, standing beside the bed saying "i awake, i'm wearing my special dress, it's my birthday i need to eat my cake".  She was adorable, but not adorable enough for us to ignore the time - so we swept her up into our bed and hung out for a while longer, until it was time to actually wake up.  Daddy had to go to work early today and we knew that he'd be home after bedtime so we decided to open the present before he took off.  She had a blast opening up the gifts and was soooo excited as she opened each one.  The cutest was when she opened up the singing barbie - she gasped and then started singing and dancing around with it - you just had to be there!!!




These are the gifts (pet shop purse and club house) that Grampa & Gramma Bailey got Navia - just thought you'd want to see what you got her - we pick up gifts for various family members because we live so far away - hehehe!


We have a tradition in our house that the day of your birthday I make a cake that the kids decorate and then for your party I will decorate another one.  So, today it was their turn . . . and I was out of eggs and scratch-mixes!!!  Thank goodness I remember a phenominal recipe of my Gramma McGifford's (Wacky Cake) and it didn't need eggs.  Yep - it was as good as I remembered it!!!  If you haven't ever tried it you need to - so chocolately, so moist, so yummy!!!



So, today was a good day for Navia - just hanging around playing with her family and eating cake - yep, a good day!


Oh, and this is a picture of one of the advent pocket activities - a sleepover in mom and dad's room with popcorn (yep, itchy) and watching a movie "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".  The kids loved it and so did Daddy!!!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make wacky cake all the time for my daycare kids birthdays and they love it!!