CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

The promised desk . . .


When we moved here we saw that Emma's room had the perfect little alcove for a desk and instead of a desk it had a cheap countertop going across it, held up by the little pieces of wood nailed in the wall.  It worked, but it sure didn't look good!  So, when we decided to paint her room we took out the counter and told Emma that Daddy would build her a new, better desk right away.  Oops!  Don't ever say that to kids!!! (I`d have more pics, but they are all on my computer which isn`t working right now - yuck!)


So, it isn't right away, but last weekend Braden built Emma her desk and this weekend built the drawers.  Yesterday I painted it all and now we're just waiting for the dark baskets that will go on each side and the antique glass drawer pulls that I need to find - yep - I'm picky!  Daddy also made 2 little holes in the back of each corner so that she can plug in her desk lamp, etc and not have extra cords hanging around - smart Daddy!!!

The chair - well, that Ikea will will HAVE to go - ug!  Instead I'm looking for an old farm kitchen type chair that I will paint white.  I haven't had too much luck on kijiji.ca, but I'm looking every day!  I'm pretty sure that I can pick up one for about 10 dollars, so we'll see.


The window treatments will be, well, I'm not that great at describing, but I'm looking for a see-though material that will come almost half way down the window in the middle and almost to the desk on the sides - very free-flowing.  I found this amazing wreath made out of beads, wire and shiny things that I fell in love with - and it's the perfect shade of lilac for Emma's room.  I'm wanting this to have a bit more of a substancial ribbon holding it and then it will hang kinda where it is now - in the middle of her window.  

Needless to say I love what Brade built.  It is almost exactly like the magazine picture that I showed him and I love that it looks like a built-in with the baseboards following the form.  Amazing job Daddy!!!

Oh, and this morning, after getting Kaleb from the bus, we both decided to make the front look a bit more like Fall, so this is our 5 minute version of Fall, with all the gourds that Kaleb brought home from the Pumpkin Farm . . .  he's got a good eye!

Psst - don't you LOVE the sparkly, black cat!?!?!?  
It is the only animal that really works in the Bailey household!


0 comments: