CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Catching, filleting, cleaning, deboning . . . and eating!!!

Off they go . . .

Their favorite fishing spot

Well - it was another fishing day for the kids and Daddy, but because the weather was wet it meant that there weren't any people to fight over the prized fishing spot - yay for the kids!!! It was a good day of fishing as it seemed that almost every time they put their hooks in the water they'd catch another fish. They were really picky today though - throwing back the small ones immediately and only keeping the larger, more edible ones (I think they brought home 10!). Yep, you heard me right - they planned on eating their catch today - ew!!!

This is the fishing style of our boy - interesting, but it works!!!

See. . . who know what number this one is!!!

Another of Emma's catches

Don't ask me what they're doing in this one, but they sure aren't afraid of the fish!!!

The catches of the day - otherwise known as "Dinner"!

Navia and I went for the last hour of fishing so that she could try and catch a couple too. It was kinda funny because Brade would just get his bait in the water and would hear "Daddy, I caught another one" and he'd have to go and help out which ever of the kids caught another fish. Navia, being the little one she is, saw Daddy's hook with the huge baited worm on it and suddenly got a HUGEMONGOUS smile on her face, looked up and me, "Mommy, mommy, I caught one - I caught one!!!" Soooo cute. I took a couple pics of her big "catch" and then had to tell her that it wasn't real - poor girl.

"I caught one . . . see!!!"

Yep - too small...


Back home to fry them up!!!

So, once we got home we looked on the internet how in the world to do the whole making a fish ready to cook and cooking it thing (what would we really do without the internet???) And then Daddy began his task. All I can say is that I'm glad that I will not have anything to do with this except fry them.

Frying them was pretty easy - just using an internet fisherman's recipes with cut up fish chunks dipped in pancake batter, etc. It couldn't have been easier! And . . the results are in . . . everyone loved them and can't wait to go out again to catch our supper!!! (oh great - more fish guts - ewww!!!!!)

Not too bad for a first time!

Yummy!

( psst - there are three videos on the side that give a little glimpse into this afternoon)

1 comments:

Chris Kauffman said...

Oh my gosh I found another Ontario girl , wow that never happens , I have only met one other through blogging , you have the cutest kids.
Chris